EXP Realty is a cloud-based brokerage and has conducted business virtually since its start in 2009. However, there are a couple of eXp events held each year, in which the company’s agents, brokers and staff attend in-person.
EXPCON is one such event. It is eXp Realty’s popular multi-day conference held in the fall in which eXp’s agents, brokers, staff and other real estate professionals gather IRL (In Real Life) — usually at a venue in a warm-weather location. In 2019, EXPCON was held in Las Vegas.
But, in this unprecedented time of COVID-19, EXPCON 2020 will be held virtually for the first time in 11 years, in eXp World, the company’s proprietary platform for collaboration and learning, which is powered by Virbela, eXp’s breakthrough technology. The 2020 EXPCON event will take place from Nov. 9 – 13, 2020.
eXp’s leadership team will kick off the event with a general session on Monday, recapping highlights from the year as well as sharing information about what lies ahead. Throughout the week, eXp’s agents, brokers and staff will take part in networking and attend popular workshops led by top-producing agents. Additionally, there will be acclaimed speakers giving keynotes each day, year-end awards will be presented and a three-day EXPO is planned in the EXPCON Expo Hall. Highlights include:
- General session — The event kicks off on Monday, Nov. 9 at 8 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. ET with the general session. eXp’s leadership will recap the year’s accomplishments and financial results, and future business and strategies will be discussed.
- Daily keynotes — Speakers include:
- Monday: Duncan Wardle – Former global head of innovation and creativity for Disney.
- Tuesday: Jason Dorsey – Three-time company founder. An expert who studies generational challenges and advises CEOs, startups, boards, venture capital firms and private equity firms.
- Wednesday (Veterans Day): Rorke Denver – Former Navy SEALs commander, New York Times best-selling author (“Worth Dying For” and “Damn Few”) and actor (“Act of Valor”).
- Thursday: Dewitt Jones – World-class photojournalist and former National Geographic photographer.
- Friday: Kate Leavell – Speaker, trainer, coach, consultant and author of four books, including “Confessions of an Imperfect Coach.”
- Breakouts — More than 50 breakout sessions are scheduled along the themes of productivity, leadership and vision.
- EXPO — A three-day EXPO will be filled with booths representing eXp’s international operations (Canada, UK, Australia, South Africa), diversity groups (Black network, LGBTQ, veterans) as well as eXp’s Preferred Partners (businesses from mortgages to moving).
- XCamp — An “unconference” will be held Wednesday in which agents, brokers and staff meet to network and share real estate strategies and insights.
- International reception — eXp Global leadership will be available Wednesday at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET to share information and answer questions about eXp’s expansion plans.
- Awards — eXp Realty’s top-producing agents will be recognized, and winners of eXp Realty Video Awards will be announced.
- Other highlights — eXp’s “eXpressions band” will play Monday evening; Trivia Night will be held Tuesday evening; state and community meetups are planned and daily scavenger hunts scheduled.